Deadline: 30 April 2017
Open to: students interested in migration policies and professionals working on migration issues
Venue: 24 – 28 July 2017 in Bucharest, Romania
The Research and Information Center on Immigrant Integration (CDCDI) of the Romanian Association for Health Promotion (ARPS), launches the call for applications to its International Summer School on migration to be held in July 2017.
The International Summer School ”Advocacy and Migration Policies” is open to students and professionals working in the field of migration and human rights, interested to find more about migration from different perspectives, to know people from this area and to have the opportunity to change ideas and know-how about migration policies.
The summer school will expose the participants to a selected core of knowledge on migration, the politics of migration and key-tools to influence the migration policies. It offers the participants the opportunity to interact with and benefit from the experience of speakers and specialized organisations.
- Migration policies in the destination countries: stakeholders and processes
- Labour migration and asylum
- Support services to migrants
- Public opinion/public perception of refugees and migrants
- Migration statistics/working with quantitative datasets
- Advocacy techniques and tools applied to migration policies
Structure of the sessions:
The sessions will provide a multidisciplinary approach to the topics, and will be highly interactive, encouraging the participation in debates, workshops and exercises. Each day will feature a particular topic, and while the morning sessions will be allocated to keynote lectures, the afternoon session will include exercises, workshops, site visits, film projections and debates.
The summer school targets both students interested in migration policies and professionals working on migration issues.
- Bachelor/master degree in a relevant field (e.g. social sciences, law, economy etc.)
- Significant professional experience in migration field
- Very good knowledge of English (speaking and writing)
- Availability to attend the entire programme
The number of available places: 25. For selected participants the organisers will cover the accommodation, meals, materials. Please note that the travel will be reimbursed up to a maximum of CHF 350/participant.
Important: The participants are expected to arrive the day before the summer school starts and leave the day after it finishes.
The persons interested in attending the summer school are invited to submit a CV alongside an essay to email@example.com.
Requirements for the essay:
- should refer to one of the following topics: migration policies in destination countries, migration practices and support services to migrants, public perception of refugees and migrants;
- should have maximum 1,500 words, including: title, abstract, text body, references & contact, and use 12 pt Times New Roman font at 1.5 line spacing;
This post is also available in: Romanian